A Great Commission Christian (Acts 26:1-19)
INTRODUCTION: This is Paul’s speech before Agrippa and is the culmination of Paul’s defense in Acts 21-26. His speech brings together all the themes of the previous five chapters.
As a Great Commission Christian, note Paul’s Primary Goal:
– It was not to exonerate himself, but to convert Agrippa and all present (28-29)
I. A LIFE OF – calmness, contentment and relief. 1-11 (a life that puzzled others)
Paul’s testimony contains 2 main themes:
1. Jesus Christ’s Resurrection proves Him to be the Messiah.
2. Paul’s transformed life proves the reality of Christ’s resurrection.
II. A LIFE OF CONVERSION. 12-18
v.14 Jesus was not dead; Paul had spoken to Him (have you)?
III. A LIFE OF COMMITMENT. 19
A LIFE OF COMPLIANCE –
A LIFE OF CELEBRATION –
A LIFE OF CONTRIBUTION –
A LIFE OF MOBILIZATION –
A LIFE OF GREAT COMMISSION –
Verses 19-20 simply describe a life of Obedience.
– Obedience accompanies _____________________.
– Obedience acknowledges _____________________.
– Obedience is an expression _____________________.
– Obedience is the proof ______________________.